Commission a Painting
250.00$ – 900.00$
Please visit www.asweetpetportrait.com for my website dedicated to pet portraits.
With more than a decade of experience, I dive wholeheartedly into each new piece, providing high-end custom paintings. Choose from four very distinct styles I specialize in.
Option 1: WATERCOLOR ON PAPER
Watercolor is my primary medium and what I’m most known for. With this selection, you can expect a combination of realistic features and impressionistic colors and texture. I make use of layered washes, making smooth gradations, and lots of splatter. Check out the example portraits.
Option 2: OIL ON PAPER (Dry Brush)
Second to watercolor, oil painting with a dry brush is my secondary medium. With these paintings, I only use black oil paint to the most realistic extent possible. Making use of the white paper as highlights, these pieces are often mistaken for photographs. Find an example piece here.
Option 3: OIL ON CANVAS (Traditional)
The third option is a traditional oil painting on canvas. These pieces are created using a fair amount of paint and texture, broad impressionistic brush strokes, and natural colors. A great option for those who favor traditional artwork.
Option 3A: OIL ON CANVAS (Modern Expressive)
Also painted with oil on canvas, with this option, I paint in a more expressive manner. These oil paintings are painted in a modern impasto style using my hands, fingers, and palette knives as my tools. With bold colors, deep texture, focusing on feeling rather than precision, you’re sure to get a one of kind piece.
Please read through all the given information and contact me with any questions or concerns. If you know exactly what you want and you’re comfortable, you many checkout here and I’ll contact you shortly to discuss details and collect your references. Alternatively, shoot me an email and we can discuss details before you commit.
- Once the composition has been discussed and we have picked out some good references I’ll email you a secure payment link (alternatively, you can pay here.) I use Paypal as a payment provider, which will accept all forms of debit and credit cards along with Paypal transfers. Full payment must be made prior to starting any artwork.
- Once payment has been made, and your painting in next in cue, I’ll start the painting process. If you’d like, each stage of the painting can be captured and shared. This definitely adds a sense of participation and is always welcomed. Your feedback is also encouraged at this point. Painting time varies depending on season, size, and complexity of the piece.
- Once the painting is complete and you have given it full approval, it will take a few weeks to dry (oil paint). Once dry, I’ll apply a permanent varnish. Framing can be completed per request. Give it a few more weeks to dry and then it will ship out, packed, protected, and insured. Watercolors and dry brush paintings will be shipped immediately following approval.
SIZE: choose your size
SIGNED by the artist
CERTIFICATE of authenticity included
MEDIA: watercolor on paper/oil on paper (dry brush)/oil on canvas
FRAMING not included
*listing pictures are examples and are not included in the sale
** all custom paintings are
- painted within the given time frame (typically 4-8 weeks)
- shipped FLAT, protected, and insured
- packaged with extreme care
- includes care instructions
Visit www.asweetpetportrait.com for more information or contact me through email or phone with any questions about a custom piece.
I’m based in the United States, in the beautiful state of North Carolina, but paint and ship to clients worldwide.
My price list can be found here, and should be reviewed before contacting me.
Phone: (919) 355-6840
Holly Springs, North Carolina, USA